The Business Intelligence team is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer who geeks outs over dashboards, reporting and communicating actionable insights to Leadership and the border organization.
Position: Power BI IT Consultant
What you’ll do:
The reliance on data and business analytics is increasing exponentially as business owners realize the power of having more insight into their data. This team has the exciting opportunity to innovate, consult and develop an offering that will make a huge impact on thousands of people.
As a Business Intelligence Report Developer you will work closely with BI team members, DBA’s, product managers and staff to support the current BI tools as well as assist in updates and new development. You’ll develop meaningful reports and dashboards, present to Executive Leadership and arm business leaders with the data to make informed, data driven decisions. Naka Technologies has implemented SAP Business Objects Crystal reports, Dashboards and Tableau. We have over 200 crystal reports currently in production.
Assist in New Development:
- Assist in the migration and redesign of crystal reports from Oracle to Amazon Redshift
- Development of SAP Dashboards that will be embedded in applications for the field
- Development of Tableau dashboards for both internal and external customers
- Work with staff in different business units as well as associates in the field to find ways our tools can help them work more efficiently
- Learn from, and share knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization
- Effectively communicate/present results to Leadership and boarding new staff to our organization
Support and Improve Existing BI Offering:
- Understand business stakeholders’ objectives, their most important metrics, and how they measure their performance.
- Respond to internal requests for custom coded SQL data exports.
- Research and answer support requests internally and from the field.
- Make updates and modifications to reports and dashboards.
- Assist with documenting the current reports.
- Assist with documenting the database field definitions.
- Run end of month reporting processes.
- Develop an advanced understanding of our data.
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- 2-5 years of experience with SAP Business Objects /Crystal Reports (required) and Tableau (highly preferred).
- Proficient SQL knowledge and ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries.
- Ability to explain complex technical information in a clear manner to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Thorough with a strong sense of urgency.